Hardest 3 ball trick?
Steve Bennett
2005-06-21 01:09:29 UTC
Hi all,
Any nominations for the hardest 3 ball trick ever performed/filmed?

4 ball?

5 ball? (Is anything harder than the 'thoroughly impossible trick'?)

Steve
MasterKatra42
2005-06-21 02:23:46 UTC
Well just for the record, Rick Rubenstien set out to hopefully create the
hardest three ball trick he could possibly come up with. He did a darn
good job too, because I've only ran across two people who could actually
do it. It certianly is difficult, but I think a hard three ball trick
would have to involve something constantly being blind, either juggling
behind your back (with or without using your back as a guide) then doing
something rediculious like penguin catches or clawing.

Come to think of it, I'd pay cash money to see that.

~Joe

dagonet
2005-06-21 03:59:40 UTC
Post by MasterKatra42
Well just for the record, Rick Rubenstien set out to hopefully create the
hardest three ball trick he could possibly come up with. He did a darn
good job too, because I've only ran across two people who could actually
do it.
What trick is this? I haven't seem much of Rick's stuff except for the
Revenge, of course and the contortioned mess someone else mentioned here...

-Andy

Schwolop
2005-06-21 04:05:45 UTC
Post by dagonet
Post by MasterKatra42
Well just for the record, Rick Rubenstien set out to hopefully create the
hardest three ball trick he could possibly come up with. He did a darn
good job too, because I've only ran across two people who could actually
do it.
What trick is this? I haven't seem much of Rick's stuff except for the
Revenge, of course and the contortioned mess someone else mentioned here...
-Andy
----== posted via www.jugglingdb.com ==----
I think you'll probably find he *was* referring to the Revenge...

Schwolop
2005-06-21 02:58:04 UTC
Post by Steve Bennett
Hi all,
Any nominations for the hardest 3 ball trick ever performed/filmed?
4 ball?
5 ball? (Is anything harder than the 'thoroughly impossible trick'?)
Steve
My stupid 3 ball trick where I throw one high and then do a handstand,
catching it between my legs, dropping it onto my foot as I come out of the
handstand, then kicking it back up into the pattern is pretty hard...

The hardest I can think of is Rick Rubenstein's 3 ball bounce multiplex.
He holds 3 in a triangle, bounces them in such a way that they
miraculously don't hit each other then does a beautiful flourish as he
catches each one seperately.

The blind contortionist is pretty frikken cool too.

As for four balls, I'd say the shower where every 7 is backcrossed, and
every 1 is behind the back, then through the legs twice is pretty damn
hard...

Five balls is no question; my five ball head stack is the hardest five
ball trick ever performed (which explains why I've only done it once), and
will obviously never be beaten by anyone ever... (P.S. If Luke Burrage is
reading this, have you managed five yet? I remember asking you about it
before and you said you couldn't remember!)

Tom

_daniel_
2005-06-21 03:29:23 UTC
Post by Steve Bennett
Hi all,
Any nominations for the hardest 3 ball trick ever performed/filmed?
4 ball?
5 ball? (Is anything harder than the 'thoroughly impossible trick'?)
Steve
Steve, do you mean a single trick or a sequence of tricks joined together?

e.g. I would argue that the 5b 'thoroughly impossible trick' is a sequence
of tricks joined together, not a single trick in itself - backcrosses into
overhead into backcrosses again.
Having said that, it's still a thoroughly impossible sequence of tricks!
;-)

Having said that, here are some that come to my mind...

3b
sequence of tricks:
In the IJA's 'The Beauty of 3 ball Juggling a Visual Feast' video, Rick
Rubenstein does a 3 up pirouette into contortionist mills mess.

single trick:
Dave Kelly & Barak Reuven - 441 entirely behind the back

4b
sequence of tricks:
Garfield - 4 ball ass catch into 4 up pirouette

single trick:
Dietz - running 917151 solid*

5b
Sequence of tricks:
5b thoroughly impossible trick

single trick:
Dietz - double blind catch between the legs from 3 in to 5 balls
or his 5 ball hi-lo statue of liberty

Daniel

* I'm sure there are harder tricks than this, but I couldn't think of any!

Schwolop
2005-06-21 04:07:41 UTC
_daniel_ wrote:
*snip*
Post by _daniel_
3b
In the IJA's 'The Beauty of 3 ball Juggling a Visual Feast' video, Rick
Rubenstein does a 3 up pirouette into contortionist mills mess.
I don't think that's *that* hard... To be fair I can't do the mills
contortionist that well, but I can certainly do a 3up pirrouette into
contortionist easily enough - I've shown you it before! I'd like to see
Dave Nager do a 5up into 5 ball contortionist... That'd be damn cool!

jugglingeek
2005-06-21 09:10:58 UTC
Post by Steve Bennett
Hi all,
Any nominations for the hardest 3 ball trick ever performed/filmed?
Blind Above The Head (or BATH for Norbi) I can qualify it and then look
back up (as I did in Juglingeek
1) But I've heard that Stephan Sing can casualy look around and then drop
into BBB with Sillies, now
thats gotta be hard
Post by Steve Bennett
4 ball?
dave kelly can do 4ball BBB pretty solid.That's well hard
Post by Steve Bennett
5 ball? (Is anything harder than the 'thoroughly impossible trick'?)
it's not a ball trick but I rekon Vova's three stage (regular two stage
followed by an exchange) is about
the same level of difficulty but in a different area of juggling. I bet
you could probably reel off a load
of jugglers who could do it but there are more people doing pirouettes
than backcrosses and blind
catches I think

Adam
2005-06-21 15:29:08 UTC
Post by jugglingeek
Post by Steve Bennett
Hi all,
Any nominations for the hardest 3 ball trick ever performed/filmed?
Blind Above The Head (or BATH for Norbi) I can qualify it and then look
back up (as I did in Juglingeek
1) But I've heard that Stephan Sing can casualy look around and then drop
into BBB with Sillies, now
thats gotta be hard
w.jugglingdb.com ==----

There's no way that blind above the head is the hardest three ball
trick! What about the fastest trick in the world (clawed 432) with
double claws?

Adam
the juggler
2005-06-21 15:43:41 UTC
Post by jugglingeek
Blind Above The Head
it cant be the hardest 3 ball trick becouse
thomas dietz did it for 20 catches while balancing
a ball on his head and standing on one leg.

the juggler

_daniel_
2005-06-21 22:19:15 UTC
Post by the juggler
Post by jugglingeek
Blind Above The Head
it cant be the hardest 3 ball trick becouse
thomas dietz did it for 20 catches while balancing
a ball on his head and standing on one leg.
the juggler
Hey *the juggler*,

it was definitely the hardest 3 ball trick ever - you forgot about the bag
on his head, which made it so hard for him to breathe, and to top it off,
he was also thinking about eating pizza, which makes the trick just about
impossible.

Daniel

erik_jernqvist
2005-06-23 09:05:20 UTC
Post by _daniel_
it was definitely the hardest 3 ball trick ever - you forgot about the bag
on his head, which made it so hard for him to breathe, and to top it off,
he was also thinking about eating pizza, which makes the trick just about
impossible.
But he wasn't turning in a circle.

Steve Bennett
2005-06-24 02:27:46 UTC
He was thinking about pizza too? Whoa!

:)

Steve

Steve Bennett
2005-06-22 05:30:53 UTC
Not to demean Thomas's trick, but he was balancing a beanbag - does
that even count as balancing? :)

[Evil thought: Thoroughly impossible trick *blind*...]

Steve
popstar_dave
2005-06-23 06:10:22 UTC
Post by Steve Bennett
Not to demean Thomas's trick, but he was balancing a beanbag - does
that even count as balancing? :)
Dude, he had a plastic bag over his head. I'd like to see you do a head
balance with your eyes covered!
Dave

Steve Bennett
2005-06-24 02:26:34 UTC
Just did it. One leg, eyes shut, beanbag on head - it's really easy.
A ball would be different but a beanbag isn't tricky (and you don't
even have to squash it into a pancake).

Actually the one leg, eyes shut bit is the hard bit.

Have a go though, you'll do it if you have a relatively flat head.

Steve
Mutton
2005-06-21 16:17:17 UTC
Post by Steve Bennett
4 ball?
dave kelly can do 4ball BBB pretty solid.That's well hard
Is Dave Kelly in any juggling videos? I always hear about his awesome
tricks, but I never see them. :(

- Andrew
the juggler
2005-06-21 16:31:46 UTC
Is Dave Kelly in any juggling videos? I always hear about his awesome
tricks, but I never see them. :(
- Andrew
there are some videos of him on this site:
http://www.2diabolo.net/?page=15

Uri Yurman
2005-06-21 21:06:32 UTC
Long, long time ago Dave Barnes (Barnesy) (who is also the webmaster of
2diabolo.net) sent me extra 6 videos of Dave Kelly which do not appear in
this web page.

I can find them in some backup I guess if anyone's interested. very
interesting tricks are displayed in these extra 6 videos.

ps: I met Dave Kelly once and he was even better than he is in his videos!

Uri Yurman
Dave Barnes
2005-06-21 21:10:10 UTC
Post by Uri Yurman
Long, long time ago Dave Barnes (Barnesy) (who is also the webmaster of
2diabolo.net) sent me extra 6 videos of Dave Kelly which do not appear in
this web page.
I can find them in some backup I guess if anyone's interested. very
interesting tricks are displayed in these extra 6 videos.
I think Dave sent those to you himself. I've heard about them, but
haven't seen them.

Mutton
2005-06-21 21:37:25 UTC
Post by Dave Barnes
Post by Uri Yurman
Long, long time ago Dave Barnes (Barnesy) (who is also the webmaster of
2diabolo.net) sent me extra 6 videos of Dave Kelly which do not appear in
this web page.
I can find them in some backup I guess if anyone's interested. very
interesting tricks are displayed in these extra 6 videos.
I think Dave sent those to you himself. I've heard about them, but
haven't seen them.
Yes, I'd love to see them. Maybe upload them to jugglethis.net? Or I can
host them as long as they are not too big.

- Andrew

Uri Yurman
2005-06-21 21:18:59 UTC
Regarding 5 balls, I don't think anyone can beat Ben Beever's "impossible"
siteswaps.

I've seen him doing incredibly hard siteswap sequences, such as a
mill's-mess version of the sequence 6456456456456672672672672..., or even
the siteswaps 81475, (8x,2x)(6,4x)(2x,8x)(4x,6), 915, all solid.
let alone the solid runs of 97531 etc.

(and that's only with 5 balls).

But you might say I'm wrong coz siteswaps are for geeks / involve less
body moves yada yada (I've heard these ones a lot).

I'm also pretty sure Thomas can do a 4 stage with 5 balls.

Uri Yurman